How to Apply Police Permit for Travel During MCO
The Malaysian government, has been occasionally requiring the Malaysian residents (citizens and non-citizens alike) to apply for police permit before travelling out of the district / state. The requirement has been in place since the first Movement Control Order effective from 18 March 2020. In this short post, we are going to share with you the steps you need to do on how to apply for police permit before travelling.
If you would like to travel and require permit from Polis Diraja Malaysia (PDRM) during your travel, follow the steps below to ensure minimal disruption in your travel.
How to Apply
- Print the softcopy of the permit in two copies. The softcopy can be obtained at Official PDRM website but sometimes the website is not working. Various copies of the form is available on the internet to assist you with the occasional outage.
- Fill up all information in both copies
- Include all supporting documents in hardcopy (showing from phone is not accepted).
- Go to the police station with appropriate dress code.
- State your intention and pass the document to the police waiting at the counter.
Do I Need Police Permit to Do Online Delivery for My Own Business?
If you have your own business and would like to cross district / state for delivery purposes, you still need their permission before travelling. According to Balai Polis Cyberjaya, you need to specify which address are you going on a particular day / trip and supporting evidence on order request is required.
This is different than being an employee whereby you just need an authorisation letter from your employer together with MITI permission to operate letter.
In case if you haven’t know it, you can go to the police station at any time, 24/7. It never closes (true story: some people did ask the policemen what time the balai closes).
Staying in Cyberjaya? Look up for more information about Balai Polis Cyberjaya.